Gretal Leibnitz, Founder of AIM network
"Collaboration with a sister network, the Women Engineers Proactive Network (WEPAN), through the Women in STEM Knowledge Center has afforded an AIM Interest Group site as well as access to an extensive, growing, valuable library of STEM Knowledge Center resources."
ADVANCE Implementation Mentors Network
ENGAGE presents E3s workshop at NAE & NSF
Pat Campbell and Eann Patterson led workshops at both the NAE and NSF in July 2013 on research-based strategies focused on relating engineering concepts to everyday examples when teaching undergraduate engineering students. These strategies were developed and successfully implemented to improve the engagement and retention of engineering students as part of the ‘ENGAGE: Engaging Students in Engineering’ project (http://www.engageengineering.org), a project funded by the National Science Foundation.
Donwload the presentation using this link.
About our Women of Color Allies and Partners Toolkit
The Women of Color Allies and Partners Toolkit is designed to provide ADVANCE Implementation Mentors (AIM) Network members with novel tools to be active advocates and allies for STEM women of color at ADVANCE institutions, thus facilitating an academic culture shift in support of the recruitment, retention and advancement of all STEM faculty women.
Available on our public website, http://advanceaimnetwork.org/, the toolkit includes:
- “Allies and Partners Webinar”--A recorded Allies and Project webinar co-hosted by the ADVANCE Implementation Mentors (AIM) Network and the Women in Engineering Proactive Network (WEPAN)
- “National Data” –National data from the National Science Foundation, National Center for Science and Engineering Statistics, Survey of Doctorate Recipients, and other resources on women of color in the academy
- “Portable Presentation”—a portable PowerPoint Women of Color Allies and Partners Project presentation, From Barriers to Bridges: An ADVANCE Dialogues on Women of Color in the Academy and Forging Cross-Racial Alliances, to assist AIM Program Coordinators/Directors in advocating for institutional change in support of recruitment, retention and advancement of STEM women faculty of color.
- “Allies BLOG”—a BLOG modeling Cross-racial conversation and alliance building
- “WOC ADVANCE Resources”—a website compiling links to ADVANCE PowerPoint presentations on Women of color in the academy
- “Cross-Racial Allies Skill-Building” – Links to articles providing scenarios of cross-racial interactions to help identifying opportunities and apply ally skills
- “Diversity Exercise”—an example Diversity Exercise to compliment the “Portable Presentation”
- “References”—Include detailed reading list and research on Women of Color in the academy
- “Allies Speakers”—a list of speakers who offer presentations about cross-race alliance building and issues related to gender and intersectionality—especially as related to science, technology, engineering and mathematics disciplines.
- “ADVANCE WOC Program Survey”—an overview of a brief survey of programs offered specifically for Women of Color at ADVANCE institutions